Tax Alerts - May 2012
May 2012 PDF
May 2012 Articles
- Time for Post-filing Season Checkup
- Countdown to Supreme Court's Health Care Decision
- Congress Eyes Retirement Savings Plans in Push Toward Tax Reform
- How Do I - Compute Code Sec. 1231 Gains and Losses?
- FAQ - What is a Family Partnership?
- May 2012 Tax Compliance Calendar
- GAO Reports Confusion Over Foreign Account Reporting Under FATCA and FBAR
- IRS Commissioner Reviews Priorities/Accomplishments; Will Step Down in September
- IRS Releases Updated Collection Financial Standards for Ability-to-Pay
- 2012 Tax Season Ends Quietly
- IRS Eases Up on Local Lodging Deduction for Employees
- PA - Philadelphia Amends Business Privilege Tax Credits
A Philadelphia ordinance amends the business privilege tax regulations governing credits available for contributions to community development corporation and nonprofit intermediaries. The definition of a "contribution agreement" is amended to decrease the amount required under a contribution agreement to $85,000 (previously $100,000). Further, the definition of a Qualifying Community Development Corporation is amended, and the credit is expanded to include both Qualifying Nonprofit Intermediaries and Qualifying Organizations.
Philadelphia Bill No. 110561, effective March 26, 201
To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, please note, any advice contained in this publication was not intended, or written, to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. This publication is distributed with the understanding that the publisher and distributor are not providing legal, accounting or other professional advice and assume no liability whatsoever in conjunction with the information contained within this publication.